- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Allow to warm up at 375°F for at least 20 -30 minutes.
- Once ready, prepare egg wash. Wisk one egg white (yolk optional) with a splash of water.
- Place challah on a piece of parchment paper and brush it with the egg wash. Make sure to get all sides of the challah, not just the top.
- Apply any seeds, if desired (sesame, poppy, etc)
- Utilize the middle rack in the oven and bake for approximately 13-17 minutes, or until desired coloring is achieved.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 30 minutes.
Note: Refrigerate bread if you want to bake 1-2 days later. If over 2 days freeze
the challah and thaw in the refrigerator overnight prior to baking.